While being at Kiev You may take a course of Photography. The course consist of 21 well-prepared lessons (100 euro per lesson). Interpretation is included. Master the art of photography at comfort of our photоstudios. In 2012 we celebrating 12 years of teaching photography!
«PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY» in Kiev Photography School
Lesson 1. Shooting portrait in natural light conditions. Practice.
1) Choosing location taking into account portrait idea
2) Concept of «lighting conditions». Secrets of working with natural light.
3) Using passive sources of light (reflectors, diffusers etc)
Practice: Shooting portrait in natural light conditions.
Lesson 2. Shooting portfolio in studio. Peculiarities of working with a model.
1. Organizing a shooting process. Making contact with your model.
2. Image-making. Team work with stylist, make-up specialist and photographer. Main rules of setting model within a frame. Choosing correct perspective and viewpoint.
3. Main lighting patterns to shoot portfolio.
Practice: shooting portfolio for a model in the conditions of professional studio.
Home task: to shoot a portfolio consisting out of 5–7 studio shots. The task to be done without teacher’s assistant.
Lesson 3. Two and more models in a shot. Group portrait.
1. What’ peculiar about shooting several models at once?
2. Principles of casting models for co-posturing.
3. How to create an integral image. Psychological aspects of working with several models.
4. Principles of choosing right perspectives (angles) and posturing for several models. Rules of setting.
5. Types of light-setting for the group shooting.
6. Rules of light-setting for dynamic and static (motionless) scenes.
Practice: Shooting several models in studio. Working on main light-settings and rules of model posturing. Making a group portrait.
Home task: To shoot a group portrait with the maximum number of people possible.
Lesson 4. External flash. Main rules.
1. Types of flashes and constructive peculiarities of external flashes.
2. When you need an external flash (shooting events: parties, weddings, press conferences, etc)
3. Choosing correct model for your external flash (A, TTL, M).
4. The Must for the external flash user:
– working with reflected light
– how do the rotation angle and swivel head angle influence lighting
– using different caps and diffusers
– balance of color temperature and flash power with the surrounding lighting.
5. Specifics of shooting adjusted for interior
6. Synchronizing several flashes. Master flash and slave flash.
Practice: Shooting with external on-camera flash.
Home task: To make a shot with the bright source of light. use flash to match the exposure of the foreground and background.
Lessong 5. Using external flash in location shooting. Practical lesson.
1) Basic rules of using external flash. Shooting with portable light.
2) How to chose impulse power in natural light conditions.
3) Creating a “sunny-day” effect in gloomy weather.
4) Usage of external flash in shooting portraits. Using several external flashes simultaneously.
Lesson 6. Portrait in soft light.
1) Types of caps to soften the light.
2) Building up portrait for soft light.
3) Classical lighting set-ups.
4) Light and shadows in soft lighting. Main rules.
Practice: shooting portrait in soft light.
Lesson 7. Portrait in hard light.
1) Types of sources of light to form hard lighting.
2) Building up a portrait for hard light.
3) Rembrandt lighting, loop lighting, short lighting.
4) Sweating light and shadows depending on a face type.
Practice: Shooting portrait in hard light
Lesson 8. Low-key portrait.
1) Low-key lighting: main characteristics.
2) Rules of shooting a low-key portrait.
3) Main ways of working out face details. Form and volume.
4) Classical light schemes.
Practice: shooting portrait in low key.
Lesson 9. High key portrait.
1) High key: main characteristics of lighting.
2) Main rules of shooting portrait in high key.
3) Setting up main (base) light: step-by-step.
4) Technical and artistic requirements to the high-key portrait.
Practice: shooting portrait in high key lighting.
Lesson 10. Glamour @ Fashion
1. Style and beauty or pathos and cheat. When and what is appropriate.
2. Deciding on lighting scheme depending on model character and style.
3. Practical part: shooting model in Fashion style. Making “Glamour” out of “Fashion”.
Lesson1. Perception of composition.
1. Structure plan of the plane.
2. Perspective in photography.
3. Opened and closed composition.
Practical part: creating space depth of space by means of perspective.
Lesson 2. Light and color.
1. Light and dark objects. Tricks of perception.
2. Warm and cold colors. Colors matching.
3. Color and image.
Practical part : Creating color matchings.
Lesson 3. Compositional balance.
1. Visual (optic) weight.
2. Symmetry and dissymmetry.
3. Left and right.
4. Balance of light and dark spots.
5. Co-dependence of light and color spots.
Practical part: creating a balanced composition
Lesson 4. Composition in portrait.
1. Statics and dynamics in portrait.
2. Principles of filling the pictorial plane.
3. Means of expression in portrait.
4. Using hands in portrait. Hands arrangement.
Practical part: shooting portrait.
Lesson 1. 1. Studying and evaluating an image.
3. Resizing the image and cropping your picture.
4. «Brush» tool. Color range. .
Lesson 2. 1. Marking tools.
2. Copying and shifting a chosen area.
3. Focus sharpening and blurring.
Lesson 3. 1. Image adjustments tools.
2. Influencing brightness and contrast. Изменение яркости и контрастности.
3. Color models.
Lesson 4. 1. Color correction.
2. Channels of image.
3. Creating black and white image.
Lesson 5. 1. Working with layers.
2. Layers masks.
Lesson 6. 1. Retouching tools.
2. Portrait after-touch. Ретушь портрета.
3. Working with text. Framing and signing your picture.
Lesson 7. 1. RAW-converter.
2. Order of RAW files processing. Main rules.
3. Professional methods of photo processing.